Sunday, June 22, 2014

Nyx Matte Lip Creams

I have three of these matte lip creams and I love them! The best part of these lip creams is that they are affordable (US ~ $6.00) and they have great lasting power.

Some people find these lip creams to be drying. The best advice I have for this is to:
  1. Stay hydrated! 
  2. Before you begin your makeup routine, apply your favorite lip balm. When you are done with the rest of your makeup, gently wipe off the lip balm with a damp washcloth; this removes flaky skin, allowing for your lip cream to have a smooth even surface to adhere to.
A few other notes about these lip creams:
  1. They are buildable.  If you find the color too strong, just apply a dap and spread it around with a brush rather than layer it on with the doefoot applicator (I find this application method absolutely necessary to make Copenhagen wearable).
  2. If you have lip balm on before you apply, they will not set matte or last long at all.
  3. They have a vanilla cupcake scent.
 Here I have Copenhagen: a deep burgundy; Antwerp: a bright warm pink; and Morocco: a bright red-orange.
 Copenhagen, Antwerp, Morocco

Disclaimer: I purchased these with my own money

No comments:

Post a Comment